One thing I’ve been asked about is what make-up I take when I travel. I pretty much narrow down between my “nice to haves” and my “must haves” when traveling. This definitely helps minimize packing.
So, what’s in my makeup bag?
Yep, that’s it. Now I also have a small toiletry kit and a quart size plastic bag for my liquids and in fact the eyeliner and eye base both go in there when flying. But, this is my essential travel makeup kit.
The pouch I use is from American Airlines via one of their international business class flights. It’s about 8 inches long, 4 inches wide and 2 inches deep. Perfect for full size makeup brushes.
I load it with:
- bareMinerals foundation (use powder so doesn’t need to go into the baggy) and applicator brush
- blush (silver disk on the upper right) and blush brush
- Urban Decay eye base (goes into the TSA baggy)
- three eyeshadows (2 bareMinerals & one L’oreal
- two eyeshadow brushes
- mascara (goes into the TSA baggy)
- compact magnifier mirror
This leaves lots of extra space if I need to throw in an extra lipstick or two (they usually travel in a small bag along with a compact powder). And, usually you’ll find tweezers in here too.
Sure, my makeup drawer at home has a lot more, but this works for basic business travel and can be kicked up for cocktail parties and evenings out. All, in all everything in one nice neat compact bag that easily slips into my suitcase.